Monday, August 25, 2014

Welcome to the World .... Jonathan Robert Long


Friday August 8th at 12:13pm, our HUGE surprise was born ... Jonathan Robert Long.  He was 9lbs 7oz and 21 in.  Once again, I was blessed with incredible care, fantastic L&D nurse, and an INCREDIBLE physician!  I am so thankful for God's protection over our lives during my three deliveries!  I am also thankful for the extra grace He provided to deliver a 3rd child ... something I never thought I would do!

Funny story you see ... Nate and I swore up and down that we were done having children!  Our family of FOUR was perfect in our eyes.  However, God knew in advance that our family would be perfect at FIVE!  2 days before our 8th anniversary, on a very cold wintry December morning, we found out we were pregnant.  The pregnancy was extremely hard the first 27 weeks.  Tons of nausea, no energy, lots of puking, you know ... the fun stuff!  During January and February, I was so sick, it was hard to care for Sophia and Jackson.  Friends and family stepped up to the plate and really helped us out with meals, childcare, and prayer support.  Alas, we made it through, and gave birth to a healthy baby boy!

Picking a name was an extremely hard challenge.  We wanted something that would describe our journey of faith through this SHOCKER of a time!

Jonathan, means given of God, and we felt like that was the perfect description!  He truly was a gift to us, something we did not plan for nor ask for, but am thankful that we walked in His will in obedience!

Robert was the middle name of my late maternal grandfather, Kenneth Robert Lewis.  He was an incredible man of God, one that I wish could have met my amazing husband and our children.  We were thrilled to be able to use a family name!

So there you have it ... some of the reasons behind my lack of blogging and "presence" in addition to being a VERY busy mother to two other little children!

Enjoy these awesome pictures from Captured Beginnings!  Sabrena did an awesome job capturing our new beginning!  So thankful for this wonderful Christmas present from my parents!  Birth photography ... something I never would have asked for, but something that I am so thankful I have!  Memories to last a lifetime!


Kisses, kisses, kisses 

Sharing Jonathan's name with my mom ... 

This is how he really felt ...

Yes, he was born with a FULL HEAD OF AMAZING HAIR!
The other two were bald for 2 years ... thankful for this guys hair!  

Finally, here is a snapshot of the "bigs" meeting their little brother!  They were so excited!  They have been awesome with him!  I LOVE having 3 years age difference b/w each kids!  Such a huge help for this mama!

My heart melts ...

Hopefully more pictures to come!

No comments: